My life is not my own, for I belong to Christ.
It is because of God's grace and for His glory that I "live and move and have my being."
I am currently back in Indiana, studying English Education at Purdue University, far from the home I've come to know and love in Victoria, Australia
My family means the world to me.
Living in America and loving in Australia, I am blessed indeed.
Some Fabulous Posts
Some Fabulous Places
Blackwood Family Website
Some Fabulous People
Brandon & Megan
John and Danielle
Micah & Emily
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Life is really quite good, overall. However, I have those times where I just get overwhelmed by the busyness of everything. It's those times that I really need to stop and consider all those little blessings in which the Lord gives me joy.
- Completing homework and feeling good about it
- Chatting with Australian friends, having them say "G'day mate, how are you going?"
- Drinking Ruthy's home-brewed starbucks coffee
- Hearing Paul say my name (something like "Gah-gah!")
- Studying God's Word, rich of truth and promises (I'm currently soaking up Ephesians)
- Laughing with my siblings over the phone
- Receiving long emails from my dear mother
- Biking over to the apartments to hang out
- Accidently interrupting "Men in Training" (*ACCIDENTLY!!!*)
- Participating in "Women in Training" (or "Wives in Training", as some confused people call it)
- Visiting friends and family like crazy on weekends
- Wearing my bright and slightly ridiculous winter hat from Vic Markets
- "Drinking muffins" with Ruthy, even though we should be sleeping
- Listening to the old bell tower on campus chiming out the Purdue fight song
- Singing the Psalms with fellow college covenant children
- Knowing that no matter where I am in a year or ten years or a hundred, I belong to Christ!
Here are some of the things I was reminded of in one of my quiet times last week:
God, my Heavenly Father, has blessed me with "every spiritual blessing."
He has chosen me, from before time, to be "holy and without blame."
Because of His love, He predestined me and made me his daughter -- all because it was His good pleasure!
In Him, I am redeemed.
In Him, I am forgiven.
In Him, I know the riches of grace.
In Him, I can know the mystery of His will.
In Him, I will be gathered with the rest of His children in heaven and on earth.
In Him, I have an inheritance.
In Him, all of my life is according to His purpose.
In Him, I have heard and trusted in the Truth.
In Him, I am "sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise."
In Him, I know hope.
In Him, I look forward to the full riches of Glory.
In Him, I know what is "mighty power."
ALL this because He has raised Christ from the dead, seated Him in Heaven, above all things.
In Him, I am made ALIVE!
[Taken from Ephesians 1:1-2:1]
Here are some recent photos. Enjoy!
Charity | 12:55 pm